New and changed in Syncplay 1.3.3:
- + (GUI) Added “public server list” feature to config dialogue (inspired by feedback from Mike Williams)
- * (GUI) Added 2 second timeout for media search, and made it more efficient (issue reported by Adrian)
- * (GUI) Per-player arguments now only shown when “show more options” is enabled (inspired by a suggestion from wiiaboo, who also contributed code to the feature)
The 2 second timeout is not ideal, but seems like a reasonable stopgap before we add support to cache files found and to search in a separate thread (assuming the latter is possible). Thanks to everyone who has made this release possible, including Mark James who made the Silk icon set that Syncplay uses. If you enjoy this software, please tell your friends about it and consider contributing to the Syncplay art gallery.
The new(ish) ‘double click to switch media’ feature works as follows:
- In the Syncplay configuration GUI, go to the ‘Misc’ tab and enter the directories where you store your videos into the “Directories to search for media” list. Syncplay looks through these lists recursively, so you don’t need to list sub-folders. WARNING: Because Syncplay will look through the sub-folders recursively, don’t select a directory with hundreds of sub-folders!
- When the main Syncplay GUI window is open, if someone else is playing something which is in one of these media folders (or the folder of the currently playing file) then an icon will appear next to the filename in the list of who is playing what. If you double click the filename it will switch to that file.
- If someone is playing a media stream (e.g. a YouTube video in mpv or VLC) then a different icon will appear in the list of who is playing what, and you can double click this to switch to that stream (assuming your media player supports that type of stream).
Windows installer: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.3.3_Setup.exe
Windows portable: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-v1.3.3-Portable.zip
Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/1.3.3.tar.gz
Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
OSX installation instructions (experimental): http://syncplay.pl/guide/install/#OSX
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Github users can also create an issue, or you could tweet us @syncplay or like us on Facebook.