This update features some long-awaited features, including the new logo by Catlinman, IPv6 support and TLS/SSL support by albertosottile (not yet available for Windows), improved VLC support and better handling of high-DPI displays by et0h. There were also some nice bonuses such as the last-minute addition of Spanish language support by bcattaneo and various tweaks and bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who contributed this release!
Change log for Syncplay 1.6.3 (Release Candidate #1):
- New Syncplay logo by catlinman as per his announcement (PR #219 by catlinman)
- IPv6 support (PR #215 by albertosottile ,requested in Issue #107 by dawnMachine)
- Initial TLS (SSL) support (PR #233 by albertosottile, and requested in #217 by alxpettit)
- Spanish Language support (PR #227 by bcattaneo)
- Automatically copy offer VLC interface script when it is needed (PR #220 by Et0h fixed Issue #193)
- Fix a VLC bug (Issue #213 raised by mechchicken resolved by albertosottile)
- Handle non-UTF8 messages to server (fixes Issue #210, based on PR #214 by xNinjaKittyx)
- Use high-DPI scaling where available (Etoh)
- Print error message if Twisted fails (Etoh)
- Fix bug which meant that –max-chat-message-length can’t be used to raise the maximum length (Issue #224 resolved by Etoh, raised by csritu)
Download links (hosted by Github):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux Tarball
- macOS .dmg file (10.12+)
- macOS 1.5.3a legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+) – We hope to make a 1.6.3 legacy release at some point
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
(Note: If you want to use Syncplay with Python 2 then you can use Syncplay 1.5.5)
Hashes for Syncplay-1.6.3-RC1-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.6.3_RC1_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.6.3-RC1.dmg [re-release] (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net; account registration required). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!