Where can I get Syncplay 1.6.3?
Source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
See https://syncplay.pl/syncplay-1-6-3/ for details on this release (e.g. md5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 digests).
If Syncplay does not load on Windows then you probably need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’).
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
MacOS User? You can also install via a Homebrew cask: brew cask install syncplay
Portable version for Windows
- A portable version of Syncplay 1.6.2 is available from: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/releases/download/v1.6.3/Syncplay_1.6.3_Portable.zip
Syncplay for Python 2
- The last release that supported Python 2 was Syncplay 1.5.5: https://syncplay.pl/syncplay-1-5-5/
Advice: If you use public servers, avoid ports 8995 and 8999
You can use any public server so long as you are all on the same one. However, the majority of people currently use ports 8995 and 8999 which means that for a more stable connection you should probably go for ports 8996, 8997 or 8998. On the sidebar to the right you will see a highlighted server selected at random from the lesser-used servers.
‘syncplay.lua’ VLC Script 0.3.4
- Version 0.3.4 of ‘syncplay.lua’ should be installed automatically with Syncplay 1.5.3 by default. You can get version 0.3.4 from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Syncplay/syncplay/master/resources/lua/intf/syncplay.lua
- ‘Syncplay.lua’ is necessary if you want to use Syncplay with VLC.
- If the latest version is not installed then check out the relevant entry of the troubleshooting guide.
Source Code Repository
- Syncplay’s latest source on GitHub: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Test builds based on the latest source code (stated version number may be inaccurate): https://bintray.com/syncplay/Syncplay/Syncplay