New and changed in Syncplay 1.3.2:
- + (GUI) Double click to switch media feature (#65 suggested by bitingsock)
- + (Syncplay) Ability to specify per-player command-line arguments to be passed on to the media players
- * (UI) Improved Russian language support (PR #71 by BrokeRU)
- * (GUI) Change to how streams are displayed and checked for name sameness
- * (mpv/mplayer2) Ability to override arguments (PR #69 by wiiaboo)
- * (mpv) Shows YouTube-DL errors
The new ‘double click to switch media’ feature works as follows:
- In the Syncplay configuration GUI, go to the ‘Misc’ tab and enter the directories where you store your videos into the “Directories to search for media” list. Syncplay looks through these lists recursively, so you don’t need to list sub-folders. WARNING: Because Syncplay will look through the sub-folders recursively, don’t select a directory with hundreds of sub-folders!
- When the main Syncplay GUI window is open, if someone else is playing something which is in one of these media folders (or the folder of the currently playing file) then an icon will appear next to the filename in the list of who is playing what. If you double click the filename it will switch to that file.
- If someone is playing a media stream (e.g. a YouTube video in mpv or VLC) then a different icon will appear in the list of who is playing what, and you can double click this to switch to that stream (assuming your media player supports that type of stream).
If you’ve already got Syncplay 1.3.2 RC1 then you don’t need to update as they are the same. Thanks for everyone who contributed to this release!
Windows installer: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.3.2_Setup.exe
Windows portable: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-v1.3.2-Portable.zip
Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Github users can also create an issue, or you could tweet us @syncplay or like us on Facebook.