The new Shared Playlist feature means anyone can add a file to a joint queue, and when you get to the end of one file it will automatically load the next one and rewind.
Fixes in RC2:
- ! Fixed bug where playlist where a client might erroneously change playlist selection when updating playlist if it had previously been updated by a different user in a way that moved the position of the currently playing file in the playlist.
- ! Fixed bug where VLC would not play a newly loaded file
- ! Fixed bug where Syncplay/VLC would sometimes crash if you tried to run with an old version of VLC (reported via Twitter by @coreyp0wner)
- ! Updated syncplay.lua to make it clear that for VLC sometimes the file needs to be placed in the lib64 folder rather than the lib folder (addressing #103 by abhsag24)
NOTE: For the shared playlist feature to work, the server must be running the latest version of Syncplay.
Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.4.0_RC2_Setup.exe
Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-v1.4.0-RC2-Portable.zip
Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.4.0-RC2.tar.gz
Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
Support for Mac is experimental as none of the core Syncplay developers have a Mac. If you know any good OS X Python developers then please ask them to help us improve our support for OS X.
- + Add shared playlists feature
- * By default auto-play only triggers if everyone is playing the same file
- * Search for media in user-specified media directories rather than directory of currently playing file (e.g. for double click to switch file)
- ! Fix issue with Media Player Classic (not home cinema) being misidentified as mplayer2
- ! Fix issues with MPC-HC and mpv being sent commands/queries while loading a file (could cause MPC-HC to crash or Syncpplay to freeze)
- ! Fix bug loading relative config files in folders with UTF-8 characters
- ! Show menu bar in OS X (#86 by nilsding, addressing an issue from #81)
- ! Fix bug when loading Unicode files in *NIX (#85 by abhsag24, fixing #84 by minus7)
- ! Prevent freezing when probing player paths on network drives (#78 by tari)
- ! Set the correct player executable path when an .app was selected on OS X (#92 by nilsding, fixing #91 by thigan)
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Github users can also create an issue, or you could tweet us @syncplay or like us on Facebook.