Release Candidate 1 of Syncplay 1.5.0 is now available! The two headline feature are:
- Text-based chat support – The new chat feature allows you to write messages in Syncplay to others in the same room. You need to be connected to a server running on Syncplay 1.5.0 such as the official public servers. Chat messages are sent in plaintext so Syncplay should not be used to share private or confidential information. You can disable chat on your server with the –disable-chat command line switch.
- Mac OS X support – Many have requested better OS X support and a number have made significant contributions to move us in that direction, but massive thanks to alby128 for finally getting us to a point where we have a solid .dmg file that people can use. Please let us know whether or not this works for you (and your version of OS X) by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Windows installer: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.0-RC1-Setup.exe
- Windows portable: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.0-RC1-Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.0-RC1.tar.gz
- OS X .dmg file: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.0_RC1.dmg
- OS X install guide: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/wiki/Install-on-macOS
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
Hashes for Syncplay-1.5.0-RC1-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.0_RC1.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe & .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe & .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is unsigned software downloaded from the Internet that is not widely used. If you’re concerned by this then just run the Syncplay source code directly as it is open source software.
- + Initial chat support [based on #90 by abhsag24]
- + Initial proper support for OS X [thanks to alby128 et al. – based on PRs #143, #145, #148, #150, and fixes issues #60, #116, #89 #142. #146, etc]
- + Added about box (alby128)
- * Manually changing playlist item now also seeks to start of file (suggested in #138 and on IRC)
- * Various GuiConfig tweaks to increase usability (e.g. only ask for password on non-Syncplay.pl servers and don’t ask for media file path by default)
- * Increase retries and reduce retry delay (suggestion #122 by alok0)
- ! Fixed Unicode issue that occurred when adding files from unknown folders that contained UTF-8 characters (PR ##133 based on issue #131 by DarkNikGr)
- ! Fixed issue when running mpv using –msg-module (reported in issue #134 by Felhamed)
- If shuffling moves currently playing item then it will switch to the new file in the old position but not rewind. Not sure if it is better to rewind the new file or stick with the old file, but either way the current behaviour is clearly incorrect. Discuss at #153
- Files are not rewound in VLC when manually change files (so only rewinds for auto-advance). It would be helpful if we we had someone come forward to take responsibility for testing and improving VLC compatibility as currently.
- A few dialogues look at bit weird on OS X. This should be fixed when we move away from Pyside1. Discuss the move away from Pyside1 at #152.
- If you are having stability issues with mpv on Windows then try running it with the command line switch –opengl-backend=win
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Github users can also create an issue, or you could tweet us @syncplay or like us on Facebook.