This release of Syncplay is all about improved compatibility:
- + Added support for PySide2 (#152 – code by albertosottile)
- + Added support for MPC-BE [version 184.108.40.20623 and later] (#68, #158 – thanks to MPC-BE changes by v0lt)
- ! Fixed Syncplay issue with VLC 4 (#161)
Thanks to everyone who helped contribute by raising issues, making suggestions, writing code and doing testing.
If there are any outstanding issues then e-mail email@example.com
- Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.1_Setup.exe
- Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.1-Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.1.tar.gz
- OS X .dmg file: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.1.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
Digests for Syncplay_1.5.1_Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Digests for Syncplay-1.5.1-Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Digests for Syncplay_1.5.1.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .dmg, .zip) and VirusTotal (.exe, .dmg, .zip). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is unsigned software downloaded from the Internet that is not widely used. If you’re concerned by this then just run the Syncplay source code directly as it is open source software.
- A few dialogues look at bit weird on OS X. This should be fixed when we move away from Pyside1. Discuss the move away from Pyside1 at #152.
- If you are having stability issues with mpv on Windows then try running it with the command line switch –opengl-backend=win. If you want streaming to work with mpv then you will need the latest version of YTDL.
- If you are using MPC and pauses are ignored then it is probably because you are using madVR. If you are have set the video filter to madVR then you will need to revert to the default filter or disable the ‘delay playback start until render queue is full’ option within madVR. Oh, and if anyone is using MPC or MPC-BE then avoid filenames with % marks (#163).