Enhanced chat support for mpv is ready for testing.
Features new in Syncplay 1.5.2:
- You chat straight from mpv. By default you press enter, write your message, then press enter again. There is also an optional mode so you can start typing straight away.
- You can how see multiple chat messages at once in a ‘chat room’ style or a ‘scrolling text’ style.
- New ‘Chat’ tab in the Syncplay configuration dialogue. To get to this check ‘Show more settings’ in the normal dialogue.
- (Experimental) Enter the commands from the command line interface mode straight into Syncplay by prefixing your message with “/”, e.g. “/u” to undo last seek and “/t” to toggle whether you are in ready mode.
Features new in Beta #3:
- Fix to issue which meant non-US characters only worked in direct input mode
- Added some additional Polish characters (thanks sztelke)
- Those hosting their own server can now specify the chat message length they want using Add –max-chat-message-length (public servers have not been updated yet so still use the lower limit)
- Windows installer: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.2_Beta_3.exe
- Windows portable: http://syncplay.pl/syncplay_v1.5.2_Beta3_Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.2-Beta3.tar.gz
- OS X .dmg file: http://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.2_Beta3.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/
- You need to be using mpv >= v0.28.0 for the On-Screen Controller to be hidden during chat (e.g. to avoid it overlapping with the text input when it is positioned at the bottom)
- Not all responses to /commands are relayed to mpv and only appear in the Syncplay notification window. If you want to fix this then feel free to make a Pull Request!
- When running your own server you must specify a maximum chat message length through a command line option, e.g. –max-chat-message-length=125
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.2_Beta_3.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for syncplay_v1.5.2_Beta3_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.2_Beta3.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Github users can use the dedicated mpv chat feature feedback issue at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues/168