Thanks to all who contributed to and tested Syncplay 1.5.2!
New in Syncplay 1.5.2:
- Added initial in-player chat input/output support for mpv (#168 implemented by Etoh; uses lua code adapted from repl.lua by James Ross-Gowan; additional assistance provided by iCON, James Ross-Gowan, Argon-, wm4, uau and others with contributions of additional keyboard characters in #172 & #174 by sztelke & Corginyan)
- Added support for Italian (#176 – translated by nico769, reviewed by albertosottile)
- Added –max-username-length and –max-chat-message-length server options
- Increased maximum default username and chat message limits to 150 characters (not yet implemented on public server).
- Various bug fixes (see the changelog for full details; thanks to albertosottile for resolving macOS modal window issue #179)
See https://syncplay.pl/guide/client/ for an explanation of all the Syncplay features.
- Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.2-Setup.exe
- Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/syncplay_v1.5.2_Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.2.tar.gz
- macOS .dmg file (10.10+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.2.dmg
- macOS legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.2_macOS_legacy.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/ – it is best to be on Syncplay >= v0.28.0 so that the On-Screen Controller is hidden during chat input
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.2-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for syncplay_v1.5.2_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.2.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.2_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!