1.5.3a is a minor revision to 1.5.3 which fixes macOS mpv support.
New in Syncplay 1.5.3:
- Fixed various Unicode and macOS bugs (#179 by albertosottile)
- Fixed issue of readiness message not showing up in Italian translation when file difference detected (#179 by albertosottile)
- Fixed SSL issue which prevented Windows builds from checking for updates (Etoh)
See https://syncplay.pl/guide/client/ for an explanation of all the Syncplay features.
- Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.3-Setup.exe
- Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/syncplay_v1.5.3_Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.3.tar.gz
- macOS .dmg file (10.10+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.3a.dmg
- macOS 1.5.3a legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/ – it is best to be on Syncplay >= v0.28.0 so that the On-Screen Controller is hidden during chat input
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for syncplay_v1.5.3_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!
I’ve been experiencing crashes on launch with the new version of Syncplay since the Sierra update on April 10th. I’m not sure what’s causing the crash as I’ve also experienced the same crash on launch going back to version 1.5.2. Do you want me to send the crash report?
I’ve responded in more detail by e-mail but the short answer is that we would like some more information so that we can try to get to the bottom of what is causing the crash and how we can fix it.