Thanks to everyone who let us know that some of the 1.5.4 download links were broken. We’ve fixed the links and fixed a bug too.
New and improved Syncplay 1.5.4 & 1.5.5:
- Transition default macOS build to PySide2 and Qt 5.x (PR #185 by albertosottile; resolves #149)
- Specify minimum macOS version for .app bundle. People on older versions of macOS should use the legacy version of Syncplay.
- Fixed macOS certificate bug (#184)
- Add support for ‘portable’ versions of media players (MPC-HC, MPC-BE and VLC).
- Fixed bug of VLC “invalid URL error” when attempting to play an HTTPS stream with square brackets (#187)
- Changed config path logic to support XDG Change config path logic to support XDG (PR #188 by sometoby)
- Fixed some Unicode and Italian translation issues (PR #179 by albertosottile)
- Updated the about dialog (albertosottile)
- Bundle syncplayServer in py2app (albertosottile)
- Future-proofing configuration reading for compatibility with Python 3 version of Syncplay (albertosottile)
- Set macOS version to 10.11+ (those on older versions should use the legacy build)
- Fixed bug opening Syncplay with a file on non-Windows systems introduced in 1.5.4 daniel-123)
See https://syncplay.pl/guide/client/ for an explanation of all the Syncplay features.
- Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.5.5-Setup.exe
- Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_v1.5.5_Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.5.5.tar.gz
- macOS .dmg file (10.11+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.5.dmg
- macOS 1.5.3a legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/ – it is best to be on mpv >= v0.28.0 so that the On-Screen Controller is hidden during chat input
Hashes for Syncplay-1.5.5-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_v1.5.5_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.5.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!