Syncplay 1.5.6 has been promoted to being called Syncplay 1.6.0 due to the significance of our transition to Python 3.
Change log for Syncplay 1.6.0 (Release Candidate #1):
- Transition to Python 3, and move Windows builds to PySide2-Qt 5.11.1. (Issue #169 by FSMaxB with input by albertosottile, xNinjaKittyx, and et0h) resolved by PR #191 (by albertosottile with support from xNinjaKittyx, wiiabo and et0h) with fix by PR #200 (alxpettit)
- The Linux requirements have now changed, so you’ll now need Python 3.4+or newer and either PySide 1.2 or PySide 2-Qt 5.10+. If you wish to figure out precisely which PySide 2 dependencies people will need then let us know! Python 3.5 is required for Windows developers
- As a result of the transition the newer Unicode characters are now supported on all operating systems (so long as you are on PySide2!). Time to find out some emojis! 😃
- Introduction of anonymous server statistics (#196 by albertosottile, with code review by Uriziel and et0h)
- Code syntax refactoring (#195 by xNinjaKittyx with code review by albertosottile and et0h)
- Removed obsolete encode/decode calls (#198 by sometoby)
- Windows installer: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay-1.6.0-RC1-Setup.exe
- Windows portable: https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_v1.6.0_RC1_Portable.zip
- Linux Tarball: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/archive/v1.6.0-RC1.tar.gz
- macOS .dmg file (10.11+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.6.0_RC1.dmg
- macOS 1.5.3a legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+): https://syncplay.pl/Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/ – it is best to be on mpv >= v0.28.0
Hashes for Syncplay-1.6.0-RC1-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for yncplay_v1.6.0_RC1_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.6.0_RC1.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net; account registration required). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!
Is anyone you know having trouble connecting to syncplay.pl?
Some users have recently reported problems connecting to our server. Anyone experiencing problems are advised to try changing their DNS server to a non-geographic server, e.g. 184.108.40.206 (Cloudflare DNS), 220.127.116.11 (Google Public DNS) or 18.104.22.168 (Cisco OpenDNS).