Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
Change log for Syncplay 1.6.2:
- Update AppVeyor to pypiwin32 and PySide2 5.12.0; use the PySide 5.11 homebrew bottle (albertosottile, resolves #208).
Note: This should resolve issues on Windows with Syncplay not loading (but you may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package) – (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’).
- Allow for settings variables to be stored in environmental variables (#211 by mordner)
- Create XDG_CONFIG_HOME with safe permissions (#209 by sometoby)
MacOS user? Thanks to jamebus you can now install Syncplay on macOS via a Homebrew cask:
- brew cask install syncplay
Download links (hosted by Github):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux Tarball
- macOS .dmg file (10.11+)
- macOS 1.5.3a legacy .dmg file (10.6.8+)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Sycplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- mpv media player: https://mpv.io/ – it is best to be on mpv >= v0.28.0
(Note: If you want to use Syncplay with Python 2 then you can use Syncplay 1.5.5)
Hashes for Syncplay-1.6.2-Setup.exe (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.6.2_Portable.zip (confirm with Microsoft’s File Checksum Integrity Verifier)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.6.2.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Hashes for Syncplay_1.5.3a_macOS_legacy.dmg (confirmable using QuickHash GUI)
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg) and VirusTotal (.exe, .zip, .dmg, legacy .dmg). Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
As usual, if you are having problems or want to give feedback then please e-mail us (email@example.com) or chat with us on IRC (#syncplay on chat.freenode.net; account registration required). Issues can be raised and discussed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Thank you for flying with Syncplay!