Improved support for all of the players (including fixing issues which made newer versions of mpv not work), new support for mpv.net, various language tweaks and the addition of Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese translations? Check.
Various tweaks and enhancements, including simple wildcard matching for trusted domains, allowing for playlsits to be loaded from files, and allowing for room operator passwords to be specified when joining a room for auto-authentication, and various other improvements and buf fixes? Yes, it’s all in the changelog.
Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Snap
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Tarball
- macOS .dmg file (10.12+)
- macOS 1.6.3 legacy .dmg file (10.6.8-10.11) – Not compatible with mpv >0.32.0
Other relevant links:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’. Probably not be needed if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
Changelog for Syncplay 1.6.5:
- Added initial support for mpv.net (issue #246 raised by Z3ROGRAV1TYx and resolved by Et0h with support from stax76)
- mpv: Moved from STDN/STDOUT to using iwaltons3’s library JSON-IPC library to support mpv > 0.32.0 (#261 raised by wiiaboo and again in #286 by da-moo, resolved by Et0h in #310)
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation (#291 by AtilioA, with tweaks in #317 by artur309)
- Added European Portuguese translation (#317 by artur309)
- Added Debian packages (#318 by daniel-123)
- Allow loading of playlists from a file (Et0h)
- Allow managed room password to be specified in room name for auto authentication, e.g. by joining +RoomName:E974AACDBEC6:MA-746-375 (Inspired by #216 raised by jimmydorry , added by Et0h)
- Add simple wildcard matching mechanism for trusted domains (#306 by seitokaichouseitokaichou)
- VLC: Resolve issues with some Snap configurations (#301 raised by nlieb and partially resold by bobismijnnaam and Et0h)
- macOS: Improve language detection/choice, e.g incorrectly showing German menus (#268 raised by Duamer and #288 raised by v-ji and others , both resolved by albertosottile)
- Allow seamless advancement of music files in the playlist (by Et0h, see #302 for discussion)
- Change of behaviour and fixes to how pause and seek work on joining a room to reduce playback disruption (#315 by Et0h)
- Workaround performance regression in mpv’s osd code (#295 & #296 by FichteFoll)
- Fixed issue with TLS on some systems, e.g. Fedora 31 (#292 raised by Phidica, resolved by daniel-123)
- Fixed trailing newlines break message (#300 raised by lc-guy, resolved by Etoh)
- mpv: Improve error handling and display meaningful advice if load fails (#270 raised by Gnuxie, resolved by Et0h)
- mpv: Add Turkish characters to chat input (#314 by lilcsz, resolved by Et0h)
- Fixed chat font change not being stored (#281 raised by SingerCo, resolved in #311 by NoahSaso)
- Improved/updated German translation (#287 by v-ji/Viktor)
- Misspell: change “inteface” to “interface” (PR #247 by Lqlsoftware)
- Remove ruby reinstall workaround for openssl, as not needed (#279 by palfrey)
- TLS: Add error message if SAN doesn’t match hostname (#253 by kidburglar)
- Various fixes and tweaks, including avoiding a “You are all alone” messages on connect (Et0h)
- Add Python 3.8 to list of supported versions (#304 raised by ElDavoo, resolved by daniel-123)
- Makefile: Create pixmaps folder if it doesn’t exist (daniel-123)
- Fixed setClient typo (#282 raised by Siky, resolved by Et0h)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to Syncplay 1.6.5!
File hashes and links to virus scans:
- SHA-256: ca134c95f7ffc15d9a73ab0f43f152f16c1235c8d2d55142f99e901d49908731
- SHA1: 3f6d5a1308f2550d8c76aac71f24754d97b57e42
- MD5: 5a04a1697936ab683c06d211cdb77df4
- SHA-256: 040984dbd918976a15657f0677bcec7c28e75456ff65b74f937dc18453042e28
- SHA1: a236144152f691b551151dabfb8b70b5fa9b3c9e
- MD5: 806608d7d2c052691fe6b0b62519f254
- SHA1: 8e8298546c8d17703182948b0e81e6ba2a90109f
- SHA1: f4e6960f9373e410454eab1e1d726de5ef24440e
- SHA1: 518dc0a16dc29f74871a0760063f854818208280
- MD5: 1713bac7b38dff0f3bde29b392b22d44
New update is broken. Constantly adjusting speed to slow down for other members. Never had that problem before.
Sorry to hear that, NS. If you are still having issue then please raise it in https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues along with information about what operating systems you use, etc. Also, please try an earlier version again to confirm that the issue is the new version.
The SHA1 hash listed for the Deb Package does not match the download.
The page says:
Hash of Deb Package:
The Github release page (https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/releases/tag/v1.6.5) instead lists an MD5 hash:
This MD5 hash *does* match the downloadable Deb Package. This download page may need to be updated.
Thank you for including a Deb option!
Thanks for letting us know. The page has been updated to use the MD5 hash. I’ve also updated the link to go to the .deb for the final version of 1.6.5 rather than the beta.
It does not work on Mac OS 10.15.6. It gives an error developed is cannot be verified.
This is the issue described in the readme (just with a slightly different error message) so please refer to that. The reason you see this message is because Apple does not issue software signing keys to small open source projects.