Same as Beta 1, but fixes issue launching Syncplay with a managed room (#357 reported by jimmydorry, resolved by et0h).
Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Snap
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Tarball
- macOS .dmg file (10.12+)
- macOS 1.6.3 legacy .dmg file (10.6.8-10.11) – Not compatible with mpv >0.32.0
Note: Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
Other relevant links:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’. Probably not be needed if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Room history feature (#336 & #337 by Gbd199, with additional coding by Et0h)
- Ability to control playlist from console, chat and mpv chat (#327, #316 and #319 – initial code by csandras05 with additional code by odrling and et0h
- MPV: Add possibility to control which socket to use (#320 by TaPO4eg3D and young-shounen)
Changes and bug fixes:
- Move to Twisted for VLC communication (#353 by albertosottile)
- Add warning about erroneous VLC seeks and incompatibility with VLC 4 and always update VLC syncplay.lua (#354 raised by AustinSumigray, code by et0h)
- Allow = sign in value of command line options again (#333 raised by alexbobp and Spincervino, resolved by et0h)
- Fix “Unhandled Error” issue (#352 raised by gnull, resolved by et0h)
- Allow PySide2 5.15.1 (#321 raised by odrling, resolved by daniel-123)
- Changed mpvnet icon from .ico to .png for consistency (#348 by mentofa123)
- Fixed MPC crashes when trying to open YouTube videos with emojis (#328 by borislav-draganov)
- Fix error with double quotes in mpv chat messages (#329 raised by KanChiMoe, resolved by et0h)
- Disable native wayland for snap (issue resolved by daniel-123)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by Jotti and VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
Leave a Reply