Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.12+) disk image
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report issues via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Other relevant links:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’. Probably not be needed if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Added server-only Debian package (PR #382 by daniel-123 responding to suggesion #375 by tippl)
- Add manpages (implemented by daniel-128 based on work contributed by Bruno Kleinert in #398)
Tweaks and fixes:
- Improve playlist advancement for VLC and mpv (PR #397 by Et0h, responding to #334 by Canageek)
- Fix VLC connection issues
- Update mpv vendor code (daniel-123 & albertosottile; see PR #400)
- Added more MPC-HC paths (#398 raised by MarisKori, resolve by Et0h)
- Fix issues with per-player arguments (#266 raised by LiteracyFanatic, resolved by Et0h)
- Update to Russian translations (#372 by OlegSmelov)
- Various improvements to the Deb script (coded by daniel-123)
- Add some input characters for mpv, some of which might work (#370 raised by jvschiavo and implemented by Et0h)
- (Hopefully) ignore benign AA_EnableHighDpiScaling error (see #388 post by Et0h)
- Move from AppVeyor to GitHub Actions (#399 by albertosottile)
- Add notice for Python in third party collection file (PR #404 by albertosottile)
- Discontinue support for snap packages (as explained in #376 by daniel-123)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/8f750748144a5f04a0ce81776455f55c5e4402a7298a9f70185ccd357a1ed747/details (SHA-256: 9460429081a0cf7556c9770e690ce1e85e7744fd2c973477f8e5ad62ef422963)
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bbc430e9f736a00283e6ae6939f6ba0755fff0081f09ce504cb21f0f65707b97/detection (SHA-256 71c843d3015f100d66b85baab3e0cebd8b4640b0fb328d943e9acf9bb84ff89d)