Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer
- Windows portable
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.12+) disk image
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report issues via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
Other relevant links:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’. Probably not be needed if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Added server-only Debian package (PR #382 by daniel-123 responding to suggesion #375 by tippl)
- Add manpages (implemented by daniel-128 based on work contributed by Bruno Kleinert in #398)
Tweaks and fixes:
- Improve playlist advancement for VLC and mpv (PR #397 by Et0h, responding to #334 by Canageek)
- Fix VLC connection issues
- Update mpv vendor code (daniel-123 & albertosottile; see PR #400)
- Added more MPC-HC paths (#398 raised by MarisKori, resolve by Et0h)
- Fix issues with per-player arguments (#266 raised by LiteracyFanatic, resolved by Et0h)
- Update to Russian translations (#372 by OlegSmelov)
- Various improvements to the Deb script (coded by daniel-123)
- Add some input characters for mpv, some of which might work (#370 raised by jvschiavo and implemented by Et0h)
- (Hopefully) ignore benign AA_EnableHighDpiScaling error (see #388 post by Et0h)
- Move from AppVeyor to GitHub Actions (#399 by albertosottile)
- Add notice for Python in third party collection file (PR #404 by albertosottile)
- Discontinue support for snap packages (as explained in #376 by daniel-123)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/188f42c94b146173e40cd8359c7815f24128946c62fbdcff919eeddaa6f52400/detection (SHA-256: 372e804cd48d930981bb64eeb23953910af82ccd911bbfdbd3d8127fc793393c)
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/e8d604822b64483811a7e5548e385e8a3dcca8e4576c31a3d024b8e65c1fe5e2/detection (SHA-256: 9ed66d105c7b085baab249b705bf65bddfdd813da5b60eab889ee15e5467d49e)
Hey, What’s the latest version for 32-bit OS ?
https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues/425 links to a 32-bit version available at https://github.com/Et0h/syncplay/releases/download/168test/Syncplay-168-Test1.zip. Does that work well for you?
how do I install this through the terminal, I hate the snap-store
Please ask Syncplay questions at: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
Running 1.6.8 on Windows 10 – 2 different pcs. Via modem and mobile hotspot, tried adding port forwarding in modem, adding ports to Firewall in Win10. No matter what, SyncPlay always fails with failed to connect to server. It used to work on this pc. How to fix this?
Sorry to hear that you’ve been having problems. Are you talking about connecting to the regular public servers or running your own private server? If the latter, please check out the guidance at https://syncplay.pl/guide/server/
You say it used to work, so try downloading an older version of Syncplay which are listed at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/releases to see if that fixes it. If it does, let me know which versions do and don’t work.
If your problem persists then please create an issue at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues with as much detail as possible and hopefully someone will be able to help you.
Im getting an error:
The logfile ´C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncplay.log` could not be opened:
[Errno 13] Permission denied: `C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Syncplay\\Syncplay,log`