Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows non-portable (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.12+) disk image
Source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report bugs and problems via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Please discuss ideas, etc. via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
Other relevant links:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (for if Syncplay does not load on Windows) – Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’. Probably not be needed if you have an up-to-date version of Windows 10.
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Moves back to a 32-bit build of Windows, fixing problems for those on 32-bit Windows or who only had the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (issue #425 raised by @Kehanort and resolved by @Et0h with support from others). To help address future issues of this nature Syncplay now also sends information on the system’s platform when updating.
- Removed references to our discontinued IRC channel, and instead directing people to https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues and https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions (responding to issue #430 raised by @Mikaela)
- Bundle libxcb1 into AppImage to fix problems on Debian 10 (issue #380 reported by @zyusouken , resolved by @daniel-123)
- Bundle libgthread-2.0.so.0 into AppImage (PR #432 by @teohhanhui to address their issue #431)
- Update and improve Brazilian Portuguese translation (PR #422 by @AtilioA))
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/0c834cdd0d49b5adc4a2a4cf9ed07b9ebb95a72c22d31c9a0e7dffe38c7729a5/details (SHA-256: 5849d909cd786a07ffc88d68400d006303908c5a2469388b00439591bfe68570)
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/00fde2631169ea88ccbaf0e7791fa362c63554a2ca08fd9d74f8f5891da74b4c/detection (SHA-256: 80a5c8f1facb6fe6c5d9351ae1e8ff881727d637e0a316f7c5ab50796c6e3f5a)