Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows non-portable (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.12+) disk image
Source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report bugs and problems via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Please discuss ideas, etc. via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
Other relevant links:
- If Syncplay does not load on Windows then you probably need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’).
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Moves back to a 32-bit build of Windows, fixing problems for those on 32-bit Windows or who only had the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (issue #425 raised by @Kehanort and resolved by @Et0h with support from others). To help address future issues of this nature Syncplay now also sends information on the system’s platform when updating.
- Removed references to our discontinued IRC channel, and instead directing people to https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues and https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions (responding to issue #430 raised by @Mikaela)
- Bundle libxcb1 into AppImage to fix problems on Debian 10 (issue #380 reported by @zyusouken , resolved by @daniel-123)
- Bundle libgthread-2.0.so.0 into AppImage (PR #432 by @teohhanhui to address their issue #431)
- Update and improve Brazilian Portuguese translation (PR #422 by @AtilioA))
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/0c834cdd0d49b5adc4a2a4cf9ed07b9ebb95a72c22d31c9a0e7dffe38c7729a5/details (SHA-256: 5849d909cd786a07ffc88d68400d006303908c5a2469388b00439591bfe68570)
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/00fde2631169ea88ccbaf0e7791fa362c63554a2ca08fd9d74f8f5891da74b4c/detection (SHA-256: 80a5c8f1facb6fe6c5d9351ae1e8ff881727d637e0a316f7c5ab50796c6e3f5a)
Hello, could you create a snap package for Linux? I’m not tech sawy but ditchd Windows for reason and those snaps always work with single click from Snap Store.
I have never gotten those Appimages to open!! (maybe it’s my pc though).
We tried Snap packages but were unable to get them to work on all systems, and so now we just provide AppImages instead.
non-portable link leads to portable version in this release
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve now updated the link. As discussed in the GitHub issue, it is currently in a .zip file rather than an .exe file to resolve issues people were reporting with the installer executable.
Hello, could-I help in a french translate ?
Feel free to check the French translation at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/blob/master/syncplay/messages_fr.py and let me know if there are any errors. You can also check the entries marked “TODO: Translate” which still need translation.
I actually start the work (10%). Should-I continue ?
I want to play with my girlfriend remotely.
I normally watch 4k videos. But she network speed is not fast enough so I want she download 1080p videos.
My question is: can we syncplay these two different video files(they are the same movie)?
So long as the videos are in sync (e.g. 5 minutes in shows the same frame for both) you can both play different files and it works fine.
recently i’ve switched to Windows 11 from 10 and it seems that not a single version of the app can open/boot. It installs properly, but that’s about it. Any idea why that might be?
Hi, I’ve never used Windows 11 so I’m not sure. Please create an issue at https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues and hopefully someone can help you.
It appears that the server .exe is missing or has that feature been moved from the WindowsOS for hosting?
The server was removed due to false positives. You can get it from the 1.6.8 build or the 1.7.0 build though.