Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.12+) disk image
Source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report bugs and problems via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Please discuss ideas, etc. via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
Other relevant links:
- If Syncplay does not load on Windows then you probably need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’).
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Add room permanence option to server (#434 by Assistant with additional work in #487 by Et0h and #492 by odrling)
- Add dark mode support for Windows (#483 by Et0h)
- Add translations for French (#455 by sosie-js) and Simplified Chinese (#500 by lryanner)
- Add playlist-related commands (#472 by Et0h and #518 and rtix):
- /qa [file/url] – add file or url to bottom of playlist
- /qas [file/url] – add file or url to bottom of playlist and select it
- /ql – show the current playlist
- /qs [index] – select given entry in the playlist
- /qn – select next entry in the playlist
- /qd [index] – delete the given entry from the playlist
Tweaks and bug fixes:
- If LANG parameter is set in setup, don’t show language dialog (PR #460 by atagulalan)
- Trusted Domains: Allow trusting a domain regardless of HTTP basic auth credentials (PR #437 by Tremolo4)
- Allow playlists to be played from network (PR #419 by zeroeightysix)
- Fix room name case sensitivity UI issue (PR #403 by Et0h)
- Remove redundant help button from dialogs (PR #403 by Et0h)
- macOS build: upgrade to Python 3.9 and PySide2 5.15.2 (by albertosottile)
- Remove Encoding from .desktop files as it’s depreciated now and add Keywords entry to .desktop files. (by daniel-123)
- Console: Document setting offset in help (PR #453 by luke-jr)
- Add deprecation notice for offset help (#435 by Et0h)
- Add Windows Store mpv.net path support (#494 by Et0h)
- Update PT-BR translation (#497 by nipkownix)
- Fixed server argument max-username-length not working (#506 by powerjungle)
- Fix disconnected monitor bug (#505 by Et0h fixing #504 raised by Zefferis)
- Print timestamp when pausing (#521 by Kansattica)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.
Virus scans for Windows executables
Note: This open source software has been marked as clean by VirusTotal. Syncplay might be flagged as suspicious by some anti-malware systems simply because it is niche software downloaded from the Internet but as we are open source anyone can audit our code if they wish to do so.
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/6815044aba2bf93f6236124706a18705de1f2eef548e2b561b0bf0442cef4d85 (SHA-256: 669517d54d03fa9c1ef298d539358c3384761fa847c48607ee36bcd21805084a)
- https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url-analysis/u-43dfa9ed98deed0c14adca36ce72f71df790e2288cd368de47c0b9e7375516b3-1653820844 (SHA-256: 42856f2965e7afc32197516202cc35d107c46607959a2512806c121c29dd6086)
Leave a Reply