Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Linux AppImage
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball
- MacOS (10.14+) disk image – macOS universal2 binary (with native code for both Intel and Apple Silicon). For MacOS 10.11 & 12 you can use Syncplay 1.6.9 but be aware that macOS 10 is no longer supported by Apple and so may not be receiving security updates.
Source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- If you are using macOS via Apple Silicon / ARM then you will need to use Syncplay via Rosetta 2. See #368 for details.
- We have discontinued snap as a release channel (see #376). Please use the AppImage instead.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report bugs and problems via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Please discuss ideas, etc. via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
Other relevant links:
- If Syncplay does not load on Windows then you probably need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’).
- Source code repository: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Add room permanence option to server (#434 by @Assistant with additional work in #487 by @Et0h and #492 by @odrling)
- Add dark mode support for Windows (#483) by @Et0h
- Syncplay now supports five more languages:
- Add playlist-related commands (https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues/472 by@Et0h and #518 by @rtix):
- /qa [file/url] – add file or url to bottom of playlist
- /qas [file/url] – add file or url to bottom of playlist and select it
- /ql – show the current playlist
- /qs [index] – select given entry in the playlist
- /qn – select next entry in the playlist
- /qd [index] – delete the given entry from the playlist
- We now use a macOS universal2 binary (with native code for both Intel and Apple Silicon) (by @albertosottile)
Tweaks and bug fixes which were initially introduced for Beta 1:
- If LANG parameter is set in setup, don’t show language dialog (#460 by @atagulalan)
- Trusted Domains: Allow trusting a domain regardless of HTTP basic auth credentials (#437 by @Tremolo4)
- Allow playlists to be played from network (#419 by @zeroeightysix)
- Fix room name case sensitivity UI issue (#403 by @Et0h)
- Remove redundant help button from dialogs (#403 by @Et0h)
- macOS build: upgrade to Python 3.9 and PySide2 5.15.2 (@albertosottile)
- Remove Encoding from .desktop files as it’s depreciated now and add Keywords entry to .desktop files. (@daniel-123)
- Console: Document setting offset in help (#453 by @luke-jr)
- Add deprecation notice for offset help (#435 by @Et0h) – Note: This does not mean the feature has been removed, it means that we don’t recommend using it and we don’t promise to maintain support for it forever.
- Add Windows Store mpv.net path support (#494 by @Et0h)
- Update PT-BR translation (#497 by @nipkownix)
- Fixed server argument max-username-length not working (#506 by @powerjungle)
- Fix disconnected monitor bug (#505 by @Et0h fixing #504 raised by @Zefferis)
- Print timestamp when pausing (#521 by @Kansattica)
- Added support for LAV Filters Megamix (#457 by @ImportTaste)
- Bundle libgthread-2.0.so.0 into AppImage (#432 by @teohhanhui)
Additional tweaks and bug fixes which are new for RC1:
- Add Windows Store mpv.net path support (issue #494 raised by @soredake and resolved by @Et0h)
- Correct persistence argument type (#496 by @modwizcode)
- Remove mpv fallback warning spam (@Et0h)
- Fixed permanent rooms on Windows servers (#526 raised by @haz429 and resolved by @Et0h)
- Fixes converting lines to array (#515 by @danfai)
- Made Hungarian chars usable from MPV: ő and ű (#515 by @hunbernd)
- Typo fixes (#540 and #541 by @ViktorOn)
- Linux: Fix dark mode detection by moving to darkdetect v0.7.1 (#557 raised by @ExTBH and resolved by @albertosottile)
- macOS: bundle PySide6, create a universal2 app; and explicitly exclude tkinter (@albertosottile)
- Explicitly pass certifi as trustRoot for Twisted (#554 raised by @BODZy resolved by @albertosottile)
- Don’t detect SMPlayer as mplayer2 (#584 raise by @nikgtasa and resolved by @Et0h)
- Fix localhost connection breaking mpv chat (#545 raised by @Abu-AM and resolved by @Et0h)
- More verbose connection error messages (#565 / #553 raised by @Someone7un7 and resolved by @Et0h)
- Fix mpv quit message (#571 / #578 raised by @jiang-yuan and resolved by @Et0h)
- Log –debug as UTF-8 to fix charmap mapping (#586 by @Et0h)
- Add/fix wildcard matching of trusted subdomains (#587 / #588 raised by @name-snrl and resolved by @Et0h)
- Restore server-side playlist on reconnect (#567 / #590 raised by @soredake and resolved by @Et0h
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, including those credited above.