Syncplay Download links (hosted by GitHub):
- Windows installer (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Windows installer WITH CLIENT CONSOLE option (store settings in %APPDATA%)
- Windows portable WITH CLIENT CONSOLE option (store settings in Syncplay folder)
- Linux AppImage / Snap – Discontinued. Use Deb package or Tarball.
- Linux Deb Package
- Linux Deb Server-only Package
- Linux Tarball (see installation instructions if you don’t know how to sudo make install)
- MacOS (10.14+) disk image – macOS universal2 binary (with native code for both Intel and Apple Silicon). For MacOS 10.11 & 12 you can use Syncplay 1.6.9 but be aware that macOS 10 is no longer supported by Apple and so may not be receiving security updates.
- If Syncplay does not load on Windows then you probably need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistribuble Package (Download the 32-bit version, i.e. ‘vc_redist.x86.exe’). If it still doesn’t work then download the client console option bundle and run SyncplayConsole.exe for a command line interface for Syncplay.
- Those experiencing problems running Syncplay on Fedora should refer to the advice in #355.
- We have discontinued support for the legacy release of macOS as the relevant versions of the OS have reached end of life (EOL).
- Please report bugs and problems via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/issues
- Please discuss ideas, etc. via https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay/discussions
- Review the source code: https://github.com/Syncplay/syncplay
- Adding –interface-ipv4 and –interface-ipv6 command line switches to server to allow better control over binding to interfaces (#582 by @powerjungle)
- Now offering a SyncplayConsole.exe bundle. This is a command line version of the Syncplay client for Windows (#630 / #450 suggested by @siferati and coded by @Et0h).
- Fix ArchLinux GUI TypeError (#600 raised by @YamiDoesDev and resolved by @Et0h)
- Playlist restoration should not undo clearing actions (#609 raised by @gavtroy and resolved by @Et0h)
- Support player arguments like –no-border in mpv (#616 raised by @ducreyna and resolved by @Et0h)
- Ensure MPC-HC resets position on playlist change (#618 raised by @mbalandis and resolved by @Et0h)
- Define desktop filename for Wayland compliance to fix icon (#627 by @z411)